Furnace Troubles

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

Furnace Troubles

Postby Pancho529 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:16 pm

I'm having issues with my furnace. It's an American Standard model number TUE080A936K2 and serial number P022W942G. It gave me some trouble (would not ignite) about a year ago. I disconnected and reconnected the wires/plugs and it worked fine. I'm having the same trouble again and tried the same solution. It worked, but only temporarily. I noticed the igniter would come on and light the burners, but then it would go out after a minute or two. There is a code showing (4 flashes) indicating open high limit device. I replaced both high limit switches on my furnace and I'm still having troubles. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!
Pancho529
Minimal

- Furnace Troubles

Postby Pancho529 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. The filter is practically brand new (I replaced it less than a month ago). I cleaned the flame sensor (it was a little dirty), but that didn't do the trick. The igniter itself is not getting hot or glowing. I used to be able to disconnect it and reconnect then it would ignite and the burners would ignite. Right now, I can't even get it to ignite. I will say, the last time I had the igniter working, it ignited the burners then the burners went out within a minute or two.
Pancho529
Minimal

- Furnace Troubles

Postby heatseeker » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:52 am

Time for a pro. Gas heat can be dangerous to work on even if you think you know what you are doing.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Return to HVAC General Forum