Goodman Furnace Trouble Code

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

Goodman Furnace Trouble Code

Postby CLEECH » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:59 pm

Hello,

I have installed a Goodman Furnace and am getting a fast blinking light on the B1809913S circuit board. This unit was New, but has been sitting for about 6 years. Reading the instructions, this code indicates Twinning or reversed polarity. I have searched many forums and this seems to be the only possible cause for a rapidly blinking light/

I have tested the house circuit and it reads normal polarity. Just in case....... I also switched the wires on the primary side of the transformer with no change. Also tried the secondary...no change.

My Question is.....Is there any other possabilities??? Or Should I try another board????

Thanks in advance.....
CLEECH
Minimal

- Goodman Furnace Trouble Code

Postby heatseeker » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:14 pm

Well how do you know the furnace has never been used? Only other thing would be improper ground. It's a tough one with an unit that you do not know the history of.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Postby CLEECH » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:49 pm

Thanks,

I will check the ground.

It was still in its original packaging and no indication of ever having a flame. Of course, who knows if it was ever dropped etc.....

I did check and there is 26.2 volts at the transformer.... dont know if this helps, but just a little more info. Also, when turned on (thermostat on), it kicks on for a split second (fan only) then shuts off.

Again, just trying to see if there might be any other possibilities before spending $$ on a board. Even with the board, I still have a great deal.....if it works...arrrg.
CLEECH
Minimal

Postby heatseeker » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:32 am

Why would the board be bad? Are you an hvac tech or are you a dyi? There is probably a simple solution to the problem you might have to pay someone. Is this unit installed? Or are you just testing it?
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Postby heatseeker » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:37 am

I guess he figured it out.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Return to HVAC General Forum