I am somewhat new to using a heat pump. Here is my basic -
1. I live just south of Omaha, Nebraska.
2. I have a Heat Pump that does heat the house.
3. There "IS" an outside temperature cut-off switch (I am told to disconnect the outside unit when the outside temperature is below the pre-set temperature of the switch).
4. I have the switch set to 25 degrees.
5. I have tried the switch at upper limit, 25 degrees, and it still does not shut off the outside unit.
6. The outside unit continues to operate even when the temperature is in the single digits outside.
1. How can I test the cut-off switch to make sure it is *
2. I am guessing somewhere around 30 degrees is the idea cut-off setting. Is that correct/
3. How often should the system go into defrost * I believe I heard the HVAC tech say he set it to 15 minutes. It seems, unless we get a LOT of snow or ice or it ices up, that something like an hour would be better and cheaper. If I send a picture of the circuit board area can someone confirm the setting and tell me how to change *
Thanks ahead of time,