LP to gas conversion

Problems related to residential installations.

- LP to gas conversion

Postby Freon » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:46 pm

You have made some significant changes both in type of gas and piping. The simplest answer to your question may be apparent after you see exactly what pressure you have at the gas valve. I can't see an easier way because of the extent of changes. Furthermore I think knowing the pressure at the gas valve will also help you adjust valve to maximize efficiency.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

- LP to gas conversion

Postby Freon » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:11 pm

You said, "...i did run for 2 weeks on proane without issues." so I have to assume the roll-out is due to the new installation. Unfortunately you'll need to follow the conversion kit directions because they give you the details of what pressures you should see at the gas valve input and at the gas valve output to the burners. Also verify with the furnace and gas valve manufacturer that they can be used with NG. It is curious that it takes 15 to 20 minutes before roll-out. How does the flame look? Is it strong or does it appear to wave like a breeze is flowing from somewhere? You need to watch when it gets close to flame roll-out and possibly see what is the cause.

I'm sorry I have no better suggestions. Please keep us posted.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

- LP to gas conversion

Postby how » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:39 pm

delayed Roll out switch trip reasons.

Cracked heat exchanger like Freon is implying. Takes a bit of time for the crack to widen when heated.

Restricted air supply. Heater in a space that becomes starved for air and causes the burner flame to float out.

Roll out switch is faulty and tripping at too low a temp.

Incorrect orifice size. Clock your meter (3600 x 1050 x size of the fastest dial on Meter(probabley .25) divided by the time it takes for that same dial to complete one revolution. * BTU's being used.

An inducer motor that slows down after it heats up for a while.
how
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential