lukewarm air

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

lukewarm air

Postby scttmthsk » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:38 am

Yesterday I left my furnace off while I was at work. When I got home it was 48 degrees in the house. I usually keep it at 64 when I'm home so that's what I turned it to when I got home from work. It normally will heat up fairly quickly but it it was slow to warm up and never got above 60. I thought I had a door open or something. Then I noticed the air was lukewarm coming out of the vents. It is normally very warm. I hoped I don't need a new furnace! By the way, I know I need to replace my filter.
scttmthsk
Minimal

- lukewarm air

Postby how » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:27 pm

A dirty furnace filter might make the furnace lock out the gas on an overheating limit call and just blow room temp air after that. Remove the dirty filter, turn off the power to your furnace for a couple of minutes and then turn the power back.
If the problem continues then the age/brand & model of the furnace would help with the diagnostic's.
how
Most Valued Contributor

- lukewarm air

Postby heatseeker » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:16 am

Is it gas or electric and change the filter.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

- lukewarm air

Postby Mr. fixit » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:10 pm

So did this fix your issue? Also while you are in there changing the filter I also like to give the furnace a little cleaning and check out anything that could be a future issue.
Mr. fixit
New Contributor

Return to HVAC General Forum