House fan low speed

Problems related to residential installations.

House fan low speed

Postby pascal » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:09 am

Hello,
I have a old carrier furnace Model 58SE100-2 series 214.
I like to leave the "house fan" on, all the time so it can filter the air of the house all day/night. How do I set up the furnace blower speed so I can keep the lowest speed when it is on all the time and then the speed change when the thermostat calls for heat/cold
The motor has three speed low-medium-high. I do have a picture of the circuit board if that can help but i don't know how to post it on here.
Can anyone help me with this issue please

Thanks
pascal
Minimal

- House fan low speed

Postby how » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:25 pm

Is only one speed tap connected to anything. Do you have a thermostat with a fan on switch and is that fan speed the same as the heating speed? Are the other motor wires hanging marreted off or are the connected to the board? In park positions or what?
how
Most Valued Contributor

- House fan low speed

Postby Freon » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:27 pm

FAN-ON setting at the thermostat usually uses the AC (cooling) blower circuit. So you need to have the lowest speed (possibly the red motor wire) placed on the AC/Cool lug of the fan control.

BUT... make sure you tape the wire you remove or put it on the PARK lug and label it as AC. In the summer you will need to swap wires again or your indoor evaporator coil may become a block of ice due to too little air flow.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential