Hot surface ignitor does not lite after changing curcuit brd

Problems related to residential installations.

Hot surface ignitor does not lite after changing curcuit brd

Postby dawgpound550 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi everyone.

i bought a new circuit board (s1-33102956000) for my york furnace (031-1234-000). i installed the circuit board my self and got the 9 red blinking error (reverse polarity). Based on other posts on this site i reversed the polarity and am now receiving the slow green flash, which according to my manual indicates normal operation.

However, when i run the heater, the hot surface ignitor will not heat up. The gas turns on for about 7 seconds and then seems to just blow out air. Weird thing is, this was not an issue when i had the "old" circuit board installed, the ignitor would always heated up. Could i have wired something incorrectly even though im getting the slow green flash?

p.s. the heat sensor rod has been cleaned so i dont believe this is the issue.

Thanks.
dawgpound550
New Contributor

- Hot surface ignitor does not lite after changing curcuit

Postby Silverjwj » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:30 pm

Inducer motor should turn on first which then opens your pressure switch, which might be what your hearing. That then sends a message to your circuit board which then starts your ignitor. Then the gas valve will open. My guess is you have it wired wrong, look on the back of the door for the schematic or wire diagram.
Silverjwj
Most Valued Contributor

Postby dawgpound550 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:10 pm

Hey Silver.

Thanks for the advice.

Is it possible to be rewired incorrectly if the light indicator flashes a "slow green"? Doesnt that mean that i wired it correctly?

Sorry to ask again, i'm new at this.

Thanks again.
dawgpound550
New Contributor

Postby Silverjwj » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:07 am

My guess is it's probly still not wired right. It probly blinks normal because it hasn't found the fault yet because when you turn off power it resets. So let it run then kick out because it's not igniting then you should get a different fault code.
Silverjwj
Most Valued Contributor

Postby heatseeker » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:45 pm

And this is why do it yourself does not pay. You are doing something wrong whether wrong part wrong connection wrong kit or just plain wrong. Why did you change the board anyways?????
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential