Blower toggles on/off.

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

Blower toggles on/off.

Postby jake » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:30 pm

My comfortmaker furnace heats my house just fine, however, when the heating cycle is done, the blower toggles on for a second then off for a second. This action continues until the next heating cycle starts up. Any idea what may be causing this?
jake
Minimal

- Blower toggles on/off.

Postby heatseeker » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:41 am

Maybe a high safety switch or relay.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

- Blower toggles on/off.

Postby Freon » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:57 pm

"My comfortmaker furnace heats my house just fine, however, when the heating cycle is done, the blower toggles on..." When the heating cycle is done, does the blower then toggle off before subsequently toggling back on?

When the heating cycle is done and the blower first shuts off, does the thermostat indicate that you are at the set temperature?

How old is the furnace?
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

- Blower toggles on/off.

Postby jake » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:54 pm

Yes, the thermostat indicates that the temperature that was set was reached. The furnace was manufactured in 99. It is happening way less frequently now. But I still want to find out what the cause is. Thanks
jake
Minimal

- Blower toggles on/off.

Postby Freon » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:25 am

Look at the front of the furnace where the heat exchanger is located, usually above the burners. See if you find a 3" x 5" metal box that may be labeled Honeywell. If you see one, the cover should come off easily by pressing in on the sides. Then you may see a metal dial. Do you have one of these controls?
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

Return to HVAC General Forum