Most important specs of furnace, ac, and hrv

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

Most important specs of furnace, ac, and hrv

Postby Pacopag » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Hi. I'm making a website for an hvac mechanic, and I'd like some input if you have a minute to check it out * . In particular, I'd like to know what you think are the most important specs to include and explain? We've discussed it, but would like some opinions from other experts. Some of the manufacturers' literature is either too vague or too detailed. I want to make it informative but not technical. The following list is what I found to be obvious, but can you think of anything else that might be relevant? What do you find your clients care about most, or are most interested to learn about? Or is there anything that you find yourself explaining over and over to clients that might be useful to explain on a website?

- AFUE, ECM motor or not, 2 stage heating or not
Air - SEER (anything else that the general public might care about?)
Air - cfm

I guess for all, energy star compliant is important to a lot of people. Any other specs?
Pacopag
Minimal

- Most important specs of furnace, ac, and hrv

Postby heatseeker » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Keep it simple.The less they know the better off they are. It's the smart 0nes like engineers, architects, lawyers consumer report types that are never satisfied because they live in a hyper delusion of reality. Air goes in hot comes out cold you pay electricity bill and call me when it doesn't blow cold or hot. Other than that don't worry your pretty little head about it. If you can put that in a kinder language you will be on your way.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

- Most important specs of furnace, ac, and hrv

Postby moshei » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:30 am

Nice and a valuable information...Furnace in your house is very important and one of those things that people don't think much about it..!
Thanks for sharing..!
moshei
Regular Contributor

Return to HVAC General Forum