one company selling 3 diff names

An area where professionals can discuss HVAC /R related issues and topics.

one company selling 3 diff names

Postby mr151 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:38 am

To; Mr Bill and anyone else who cares to chime in. I saw in another post that u said u r a rudd rep./dealer my company flies the rheem flag my question is who is the real entity behind this equipt. cause i've seen 3different names on their condensors. funny story I was doing a install one day and my employer sold this guy on rheem as i was mounting the condensor the name plate fell off underneath the plate was a sticker that said weatherking so now the customer is super pessed off, gets on line and finds the equipt.way cheaper aside from thinking we were trying to pull a fast one on him ...needless to say we lost the job.
mr151
Most Valued Contributor

- one company selling 3 diff names

Postby heatseeker » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:29 am

Damn, that's why I always tell the customer up front that rheem, rudd, and weatherking are all the same company made by the same people. Nordyne. anyways good luck.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Postby thetecbrat » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:55 pm

i have the same problem on the air conditioner panel its a all in one slab unit its says Model # GQ3RD well i was told when i bought it from nordyne corporation it was an intertherm when i go to nordynes site for part a daul run capacitor is 200.00 thats ridicules when i can buy one that will last longer for 16.00 and thats a 60/7.5 on a 13 seer heat pump supposedly goodman and many more are the same i have seen the same inside chassis with the same wiring diagram everything exactly the same and they call it a small packaged heat pump-single phase yes it has auxiliary heat as a backup.i called nordyne today with a i dont know we will call you back i would like to have the owners manual. but who cares about that i want to know what it is!!i paid about 5000.00 so i am up for suggestions here in north florida usa
thetecbrat
Minimal

Postby heatseeker » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:37 am

Intertherm-yuk- anyways caps are not hard to buy for cheap.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Postby mr151 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:50 am

this is to (thetecbrat)I dont know man but if someone is tryin to sell u 60/7.5 for 200.00 shoot them in the head as far as im concerned for those values a cap is a cap all made in taiwan/japan/take ur pick average price in s.florida 25.00 wholesale upto a 80/10...secondly someone told you they could sell u one that would last longer...no disrepest but what evv... im courius what was the difference in warranty?
mr151
Most Valued Contributor

Postby ServiceManager » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:22 pm

That issue seems to come up a lot, a cust can find any brand unit you sell them cheaper because there are company's out there trying to sell stuff out from under us but one thing you can always use to you're cust is that the price they found that other unit for does not have labor, overhead, taxs, permits fee's, and to not forget the installing company also gives a one or more years warranty with that price.

I always tell them I will start coming down on our price if they want but I'll need to start taking of warranty and whatever else I can to install for the price they are happier with....
ServiceManager
New Contributor

Return to Technicians Only