Time Delay between two consecutive power ON for split A/C

Problems related to residential installations.

Time Delay between two consecutive power ON for split A/C

Postby sv5020 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:01 am

Hello-

I need to install a 1 Ton split A/C soon and I've got a 5kVA servo stabilizer serving the entire home. Do I need to have a separate voltage stabilizer for the A/C unit ? The existing servo-stabilizer has a power on delay 1 sec to 5 mins-selectable range. So my question how much time Delay between two consecutive power ON for split A/C is advisable for the better life of compressor ? Or time delay doesn't matter and only high/low voltage protection is sufficient for split A/C's ? Pls advise.
sv5020
New Contributor

- Time Delay between two consecutive power ON for split A/

Postby heatseeker » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:17 pm

The Ac system needs to have a dedicated power supply. I don't know if that answers your ques5tion or knot however.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Postby sv5020 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi there...I live in a place where we have frequent power failure. My Qn is applicable only when there is a power fluctuation ie, the power goes and come back within a minute duration and if it repeats. I heard such a scenario can make the compressor over heated and can reduce the life. So is there necessity for a time delay relay for the A/C ? Here usually people install an additional stabilizer to the A/C unit and many of these stabilizers have a built in time delay of 2 to 3 minutes. If the power flips, the stabilizer will supply power only after this delay. Also there is no delay if the power resumes after 5 minutes or more. Is this delayed start an important factor...? if yes, I need to include just a relay device to the A/C.
sv5020
New Contributor

Postby heatseeker » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:03 am

All compressors should have a delay. You sound like you need a surge protector also.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Postby sv5020 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:22 am

Thanks, Heatseeker. The main servo stabilizer has a built in surge protector so, that part is covered. I'll fix a time delay relay to the A/C unit. cheers
sv5020
New Contributor

Postby Freon » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:53 pm

I suggest you invest in thermostat with a built in delay of at least 5 minutes. That way your compressor will not be trying to start when there's a high head pressure during a power event.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

Postby moshei » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:40 am

Very interesting information,time delay in range on 3-5 minutes...
I agree that you invest a thermostat,,!
Thanks for sharing..!
moshei
Regular Contributor

Return to Residential