Time Delay between two consecutive power ON for split A/C

Problems related to residential installations.

Moderator: juster

sv5020
New Contributor

Time Delay between two consecutive power ON for split A/C

Post by sv5020 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:01 am

Hello-

I need to install a 1 Ton split A/C soon and I've got a 5kVA servo stabilizer serving the entire home. Do I need to have a separate voltage stabilizer for the A/C unit ? The existing servo-stabilizer has a power on delay 1 sec to 5 mins-selectable range. So my question how much time Delay between two consecutive power ON for split A/C is advisable for the better life of compressor ? Or time delay doesn't matter and only high/low voltage protection is sufficient for split A/C's ? Pls advise.

heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

- Time Delay between two consecutive power ON for split A/

Post by heatseeker » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:17 pm

The Ac system needs to have a dedicated power supply. I don't know if that answers your ques5tion or knot however.

sv5020
New Contributor

Post by sv5020 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi there...I live in a place where we have frequent power failure. My Qn is applicable only when there is a power fluctuation ie, the power goes and come back within a minute duration and if it repeats. I heard such a scenario can make the compressor over heated and can reduce the life. So is there necessity for a time delay relay for the A/C ? Here usually people install an additional stabilizer to the A/C unit and many of these stabilizers have a built in time delay of 2 to 3 minutes. If the power flips, the stabilizer will supply power only after this delay. Also there is no delay if the power resumes after 5 minutes or more. Is this delayed start an important factor...? if yes, I need to include just a relay device to the A/C.

heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Post by heatseeker » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:03 am

All compressors should have a delay. You sound like you need a surge protector also.

sv5020
New Contributor

Post by sv5020 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:22 am

Thanks, Heatseeker. The main servo stabilizer has a built in surge protector so, that part is covered. I'll fix a time delay relay to the A/C unit. cheers

Freon
Most Valued Contributor

Post by Freon » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:53 pm

I suggest you invest in thermostat with a built in delay of at least 5 minutes. That way your compressor will not be trying to start when there's a high head pressure during a power event.

moshei
Regular Contributor

Post by moshei » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:40 am

Very interesting information,time delay in range on 3-5 minutes...
I agree that you invest a thermostat,,!
Thanks for sharing..!
Stay away from expensive repairs of air conditioning New York. If your furnace is old but still operational, Tele Temp Cooling and Heating also replace parts to for system upgrade. Visit us at teletempcooling dot com