constant on fan blower

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

constant on fan blower

Postby miles1st » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:17 pm

Help!! I have a Weatherking furnace model WGRA-07EMAES. The blower is constantly on even if thermostat control switch set to auto for fan (not on) and off (not cool or heat)on other switch and temperature setting on any degree. The ignitor glow plug is not cracked or damaged and I do not hear after a on off of furnace switch when I reset it and blower starts right away, the click that starts the igitor glow pug after 60 seconds. The water is out of the small retainer that drains the water out that the tubes go in also as I checked. Any suggestions of why the blower for the fan is constant on like I would have if I turned the thermostat to fan on? The outside central air conditioning unit works fine and turns on and off automatically by temperature but the fan blower stays on constantly and my heat won't turn on when switched to heat.Help!!! Thanks
miles1st
Minimal

- constant on fan blower

Postby mr151 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:55 pm

how new how old system, digital or merc t stat, if digital tstat start by taking off front part of tstat give it 3-6 mins see if fan shuts down if merc t stat do same action plus disconnect all wires from terminals free standing if no results go to fan relay ...need more input electronic or not
mr151
Most Valued Contributor

- constant on fan blower

Postby heatseeker » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:52 am

You have a high efficiency furnace I believe. It's probably a safety switch but also could be a stuck relay, Take a sledge hammer-just kidding- Seriously don't start pulling off wires that may cause serious damage to you or the system. You should be able to see the LED code flashing that will give you a clue to what is wrong. If it turns out to be just a switch try resetting it, but with these units it might need new parts and you will have to call the ac man for that especially if it is under warranty.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Return to HVAC General Forum