Cliplight Super Seal HVACR

Problems related to residential installations.

Cliplight Super Seal HVACR

Postby RLC » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:54 pm

Has anyone used this product and if yes, how were the results.

Background; Tiny leak in the evaporator coil in my 2001 model American Standard Heat Pump Air Handler. Leaking aprox 2 pounds a year for the last couple of years. American Standard no longer makes the coil, it now requires the "upgraded" version of the stock evaporator coil...bottom line it's aprox the same amount of $$$ to replace the entire Air handler as it is the new improved coil...how convenient. I don't have $2500 to replace the Air Handler, and I'm looking at options in stopping the leak and I don't see why this will not work.

Your input is appreciated...

rlc
RLC
New Contributor

- Cliplight Super Seal HVACR

Postby Edward » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:49 pm

I have used this product a couple of times and have been pleased each time. It is a little tricky to get in, you have to follow the step by step instructions carefully. As of yet, I haven't heard of any problems with it. I had one customer's leak haunt me for two seasons until I added Super Seal. I'm impressed with it. It works on small leaks, which you have. Give it a try.
Edward
Regular Contributor

Postby heatseeker » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:12 am

Junk, don't use it. JMO.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Postby RLC » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:15 pm

Looks like we have one for and one against...anyone else used this product and have an opinion.

I will say this...Mr. Seeker is the third one that has had an opinion that wasn't favorable, would you care to expand on the "junk" descreption (foul my freon, damage the compressor, just doesn't work maybe)??? The other 2 were trying to sell me an air handler...
RLC
New Contributor

Postby Freon » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:07 pm

Do you know exactly where the leak is? Is it in an accessible place? If so, have a HVAC tech give you a price to repair the leak. If he knows what he's doing, it can be a simple job, assuming he can see the pinhole leak.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

Postby RLC » Thu May 17, 2012 7:26 pm

Update...

I put the Super Seal in the system aprox 2 weeks ago...please understand this was a micro leak, difficult to find with a top notch sniffer...none the less, it was there and it would set off the sniffer and I was loosing HIGH $$ freon...I checked it this morning...the leak can not be found, Super Seal stopped this leak & my system is working perfectly & efficiently...I will keep tabs and post the longer term results of this product...if I am wrong about this product and it causes problems I will report the results, I owe Cliplight nothing and will post the true results.

Sure seems to me this could save home & business owners a lot of money on repairs that are not needed if it works like I think it's going to...$98 for a can Super Seal -vs- $2500 for an air handler in my case...$2400 savings to go stimulate the economy in other areas!
RLC
New Contributor

Postby heatseeker » Fri May 18, 2012 8:32 am

I'm sniffing some spam on my spam top notch super sniffer.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential