LED Code 9 - ground fault or reverse polarity

Problems related to residential installations.

LED Code 9 - ground fault or reverse polarity

Postby runman49 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:52 pm

I have a 15 yr old York gas furnace (- P2MPD11408435) with the Johnson Control board (Part#031-01234-000). I thought I had a bad control board issue so I bought a replacement Board (S1-33102956000) which I installed myself. Now as soon as I turn the power on (even with the control thermostat in the off position) two things -
1. The LED flashes 9 times which indicates a ground fault or reverse polarity
2. Both the Blower motor and the Induction motor turn on immediately.

Any thoughts

Thx
runman49
New Contributor

- LED Code 9 - ground fault or reverse polarity

Postby runman49 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:49 pm

yes...reversed 110v leads into the transformer...works like a charm...told by the Vendor that this is a common problem when relacing old Johnson Control boards

thx
runman49
New Contributor

Postby dawgpound550 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:42 pm

Hi everyone. i actually had the same issue described above, i did exactly what was described here and that part seemed to do the trick. i get a steady green light, which is suppose to indicate that everything is wired correctly. But now the not surface ignitor will not heat up, so the gas turns on for about 7 seconds then seems to just blow out air. The thing is, this was not an issue when i had the "old" circuit board installed (the ignitor always heated up) so could i have wired something incorrectly even though im getting the slow green flash?

i cleaned the flame sensor so i dont think this is the issue.

thanks!!
dawgpound550
New Contributor

Postby MaxieGodde » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:27 am

I have had this problem before. Reverse the wires coming into the unit and see if it fixes it. I went to a job ***.*/led-light-bars-c-38.* Light *** ***.*/* strip *** ***.*/flexible-led-strip-lights-c-32.* led *** about a year ago and the electri company had replaced a blown transformer and for some reason, I had to reverse the wires to get the heater to fire. If you still have the problem, put the wires back and check the flame sensor. newer units work of of a flame rectifier and if the sensor is dirty, it will have to much resistance and not allow the heater to fire.
MaxieGodde
Minimal

Postby how » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:01 pm

Hey dawgpound
With a code 9 also check all your ground lines in your furnace for snugness. This includes the main powerline ground and junction boxes on that designated circuit right back to the electrical panel. Next try interchanging the furnace power leads if the ground search doesn't find a loose ground.
how
Most Valued Contributor

Postby MorganLamarra » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:03 pm

-
Type of camera 35mm auto focus lens-shutter camera with Nikon zoom lens
Usable film DX-coded 35mm format film in film cartridge
Picture format - 24 x 36mm; Panorama (150ED QD only)- 13.3 x 36mm
Lens 38-150mm f/5.4-12; 7 elements in 5 groups (ED lens and Aspheric lenses are used)

Shutter Programmed electronic type; also serves as diaphragm blades
Shutter speed 2 to 1/500 s.

Viewfinder Real-image viewfinder; Frame coverage; over 80% in regular-size frame; approx. 0.38x magnification at 38mm, approx.1.2x at 150mm; Dioptre adjustment; (-3~+1m-1), Anti-fog viewfinder
Viewfinder info Image size frame with parallax compensation marks; Panorama-format frame marks (150ED QD only); Auto focus frame - Green LED (in-focus indicator) -- Lights - subject focused, Blinks slowly (at 2Hz)-<a *"*.*/led-light-bars-c-38.html">LED Light Bars</a> subject is too close to achieve correct focus, Blinks quickly (at 8Hz)- subject is difficult to focus; Orange LED (flash-ready light) -- Lights - flash ready, Blinks slowly (at 4Hz)- flash being charged, Blinks quickly (at 8Hz)- the popped-up flash unit is being pressed down

Focusing Wide-Area Passive Auto focus system; Activated by lightly pressing shutter release button; Distance range (approx.)- 0.75m (2.5 ft.) to infinity at 38mm, 0.8m (2.6 ft.) to infinity at 150mm
Focus lock Focus is locked as long as the shutter release button is lightly pressed

Exposure control Electronically controlled program - auto exposure range (ISO 100)- EV 6-16 at 38mm or EV 6.5-16 at 150mm; (ISO 400)- EV 8-17 at 38mm, EV 8-18 at 150mm

Film speed setting ISO 25, 50,100, 200, 400, 800,1600 and DX-coded 3200 film automatically set; With non-DX-coded film, automatically set to ISO 25
Film loading Film automatically advances to the first frame upon completion of film loading; With a film cartridge confirmation window

Frame counter Shown in the LCD panel; Additive type; Counts back during film rewind
Self-timer Electronically controlled; Activated by depressing the shutter release button; Self-timer lamp blinks and lights up to show when ready; Timer duration 10 s.; Cancel-able

Film advance Film automatically advances by one frame after each shot; Auto rewind at the end of film roll; Mid-roll rewind function available

Built-in flash Four flash modes - Auto Flash, Flash Cancel, Anytime Flash, and Night Portrait (Slow Sync Flash); Flash automatically fires when there is not enough light or subject is back lit; Flash shooting range (ISO 100)- approx. 0.75-3.8m (2.5-12.5 ft.) at 38mm, approx. 0.8-1.6m (2.6- 5.2 ft.) at 150mm; (ISO 400)- approx. 0.75-7.6m (2.5-24.9 ft.) at 38mm, approx. 0.8-3.2m (2.6-10.5 ft.) at 150mm; Shutter release button is locked during flash charging; Recycling time approx. 5 sec.
Red-Eye Reduction mode Red-Eye Reduction lamp lights up for approx. 1 sec. before flash fires

Battery life Approx. 10 rolls of 24-exposure film when flash is used for half the exposures
LCD panel (Power is on) Frame counter, Flash mode, Red-Eye Reduction, Self-timer/Remote Control (QD model only), Infinity Focus mode, Battery power, Time/Date (150ED model QD only)
Power source One 3V CR123A (or DL123A) lithium battery

Date imprint function Functions with panorama-format pictures; Auto film speed setting with DX codes (ISO 25-3200); Printed date include Year, Month, Day, Hour, (24-hour cycle with no AM/PM) and Minute with five choices; Year/Month/Day, Month/Day/Year, Day/Month/Year, Day/Hour/Minute, and no-imprint; Leap year adjustment until 2040; Power source is the same as the camera body; Built-in clock with timing accuracy within ±90 seconds a month

Dimensions (W x H x D) (approx.) 117 x 60 x 46mm (4.6 x 2.4 x 1.8 in.)
Weight (without battery) (approx.) 195g (6.9 oz.)

***.*/flexible-led-strip-lights-c-32.* LED Strip ***
***.*/outdoor-led-lighting-c-11.* LED ***
MorganLamarra
Minimal

Postby heatseeker » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:20 am

Diy helping do it your selfers. One guy buys a circuit board that he dose'nt need and all of a sudden he knows it all. The other guy buys a new cuircuit board without the kit and he is giving advice to everyone else. I have seen it all.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential