Heat pump blowing warm randomly then cool again.

Problems related to residential installations.

Heat pump blowing warm randomly then cool again.

Postby jaeboi747 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:32 pm

I am renting a house with a new Heil ( FSM2X300A) heat pump system. It does a good job cooling but one thing I have noticed is it will randomly blow warm air,I measured 76.5 going into the air return and and 75 at the ceiling vent.It seems to do this for a duration on average of 15 to 20 minutes then a loud hiss can be heard from the air handler closet, and the air will begin to cool again. It will then cool will no problem until the same cycle happens again. it happens very randomly but seems most frequent in mid afternoon. I have already had a tech out, he said everything was fine and changed the thermostat but I have the same thing going on. The owner of the property lives in another state and has asked me to not let problems go unattended, and I'm worried this will develop into something serious. There is obviously a problem and I want to get it addressed while the unit is still under warranty. Thanks in advance for any knowledge you can pass on.
jaeboi747
Minimal

- Heat pump blowing warm randomly then cool again.

Postby Freon » Thu May 31, 2012 7:44 pm

Call the installing company since it's under warranty. It seems the changeover valve may be getting wrong signals from the control board. Heat can make control boards (small computers) misbehave. But the installer is your best resource.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

Postby jaeboi747 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:33 pm

Freon -
> Call the installing company since it's under warranty. It seems the changeover valve
> may be getting wrong signals from the control board. Heat can make control boards
> (small computers) misbehave. But the installer is your best resource.

The tech that came out was from the company that installed the unit,but of course it wasn't blowing warm when he was here. I didn't notice the hiss it makes until this past weekend. I was looking for a direction to give him when i call them back out, and now I have it . Thanks for your input, hopefully they can get it corrected this time.
jaeboi747
Minimal

Postby Ceslaw » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:02 pm

Decorating a child’s room can be fun with this Kids Wall Stickers, and provides a great opportunity to create an environment that captures the child’s energy and personality. While home decoration can seem daunting, creating a beautiful and whimsical room doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming. One simple, inexpensive way to change a room’s look is to select wall decor that brings the room to life. -.*
Ceslaw
Minimal

Return to Residential