Extending a portable A/C to another room?

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

Extending a portable A/C to another room?

Postby riffwraith » Wed May 30, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi all

I want to buy a portable A/C (or something similar), put the unit in the living room with the exhaust hose going out the living room window, and have the cool air flowing into the bedroom. I dont want the unit in the bedroom; too much noise. Does anyone know of any unit that can do this? I was thinking of buying and modifying an existing unit with a hose, or something, but all of the units on the market seem to be molded pastic and would not afford me the opportunity to do any mods.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

- Extending a portable A/C to another room?

Postby Silverjwj » Thu May 31, 2012 6:43 pm

The only ac units I know of that can be ducted are units made for wine cellars. We sell them where I work but it's very expensive if your just trying to get rid of noise. Also I don't think you could get the proper airflow with a standard window unit because they weren't designed to be ducted.
Most Valued Contributor

air conditioning installation sydney

Postby Devilson123 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:02 am

The portable air conditioners are great benefit that can be moved from room to room or other locations. they cost a bit more than window units and use more energy.You can turn them on anywhere and they will produce cool air.

Return to HVAC General Forum