Problem with Luxaire furnace

Problems related to residential installations.

Problem with Luxaire furnace

Postby Mike79 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:50 am

Hope someone can help me with this problem. I have a 9 year old Luxaire furnace that is not firing. I removed the cover and the flashing light indicates that there is a problem with the pressure switch. The fan is running but the is no flame or ignition, I have tried turning everything off and back on again after a few minutes. Any advise would be great!
Mike79
New Contributor

- Problem with Luxaire furnace

Postby heatseeker » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:47 am

Open pressure switch, best replace it, or you may have a inducer motor problem that's my guess from way over here.
heatseeker
Most Valued Contributor

Postby how » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:48 am

Anything resticting your vent, a opened cover of a sealed combustion chamber, failing vent motor or capaciter, vent blower loose on shaft, split ends or holes on pressure tubes, water in the pressure tubes, loose wire connections to PS or safety circuit, faulty diaphram or electical switch in PS, cracked heat exchanger, faulting motherboard but the most common cause is a debris build up where the pressure tube connects to the blower assy. Remove the tube from the vent blower and stick a straightened paper clip into the vent blower hole to see if it's plugging up. Check the pressure switch opening at the same time for debris.
how
Most Valued Contributor

Postby Mike79 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:35 am

Hey guys, thanks for the advice, I replaced the pressure switch, that seemed to be the problem. The furnace is working great now.
Mike79
New Contributor

Postby Silverjwj » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:39 am

Bird in your Flu pipe?
Silverjwj
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential