Condo gong show, How should I go about mending this one?

HVAC questions and problems within commercial installations.

Condo gong show, How should I go about mending this one?

Postby RDO24 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:59 pm

Have two of these units in a 70's condo. The smell of mold off of the units is so strong that it has not gone away after having every single window open all summer. Radiator has been sweating heavy the entire summer months for 30 years now causing this to -

(remove spaces)
*.imgur . com/all/

Could I reline everything in AYR-FOIL?

How does one go about replacing the insulation?

Does it even need it seeing it is all inside?

How bad is this situation really?

Appreciate the advice because the management here will not help me any! In fact they are tards who told me to go blow chow.
RDO24
New Contributor

- Condo gong show, How should I go about mending this one?

Postby RDO24 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:46 pm

I just turned off the water valves re soldered on a new evaporator and now the valve is broken. The management office is now investigating why 34 phone calls came in this morning as to why people were not getting any heat to their units and I am now under investigation. Since I have replaced all the insulation with rigid insulation, they can see what I have done. We'll serves them right for not helping me while I sit here and die from lung cancer because of the black mold.

Should I change the insulation to something else or paint the overflow tray???

Looks like they are trying to bring a lawsuit against me. All I did was ask where the main shut off was?
RDO24
New Contributor

Postby RDO24 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:07 pm

I used AP Armaflex Sheets
RDO24
New Contributor

Postby RDO24 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:28 pm

Anyone here? Is this place always this dead???? No help fellas? I'm not a DIYer just a feller in the field who doesn't do this area of work.
RDO24
New Contributor

Postby Trini2dbone » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:10 am

You will need to provide more information about what type of unit you have. The link you posted does not work for public viewing.
If you have wet insulation, why did you try to replace the coil? the insulation should never be wet so you need to find out why it is getting wet in the first place.
If you are not a DIYer why did you attempt to change the coil your self? Good luck with the law suit.
Oh, and who needs heat already this early in Sept?
Trini2dbone
New Contributor

Postby juster » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:59 am

I assume by your first post that you are referring to a chilled water coil? Otherwise it would not sweat. Or an evaporator coil. Trini2dbone is correct, your description is not that clear.
If you are referring to chilled water or evaporator piping yes they will sweat in the summer and the management should be doing the repairs.
You can call an local AC company to help you with the repairs. Of course you will have to pay but ether you pay or the management pays.
Your call
juster
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Commercial