Luxaire Ribbon Burner Needed - HELP!!

Problems related to residential installations.

Luxaire Ribbon Burner Needed - HELP!!

Postby bweier » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:24 am

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I really need help. I have an older Luxaire furnace with a faulty burner that is pooling gas and I get a "boom" each time the furnace cycles on. The HVAC tech from the company that I use tried to fix it but it is beyond repair. The problem is the part 029-20418-711 has been discontinued by Luxaire. I do NOT have $3000-$5000 for another furnace and I am scared I will burn my house down with this faulty burner...sometimes the "boom" shakes the house. I guess my only hope is that elusive HVAC parts supplier or old-time Luxaire dealer with a dusty old discontinued 6 ribbon burner for a 114,000 BTU Luxaire Model number PCMU-LD20L114B with serial number EGAM296929.

PLEASE help!

Thank you in advance for any time you spend trying to help me out
bweier
Minimal

- Luxaire Ribbon Burner Needed - HELP!!

Postby Freon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:35 pm

Describe the part... burner, heat exchanger... what?? Numbers are useless in your situation. Did you remove, inspect and clean the burner? Did anyone check the heat exchanger for cracks?
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

Postby bweier » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Can a post a pic here? If so, that will show the part directly...it is a 6 tube burner that Luxaire referred to as a "ribbon burner".
bweier
Minimal

Postby Freon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:35 pm

Try Google and see if there's a cross-reference for a replacement. How do you know the burner is bad? What is the evidence? A Boom can be caused by other things like lack of combustion air. check that air is readily available.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

Return to Residential