Lennox Furnace won't run

General topics about all things heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration.

Lennox Furnace won't run

Postby sgtguppie » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:37 pm

I have a Lennox which indicator light codes states waiting on thermostat. I removed the thermostat and connect R to W and the furnace will still not turn on. Is this a problem with the wiring or the circuit board on the unit? Either way, how does one fix it, or is it time for the technician? Thanks!
sgtguppie
Minimal

- Lennox Furnace won't run

Postby Freon » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:42 am

Turn off the power. Remove the thermostat like you did before. Now go to the furnace and find where the thermostat wires connect to the control board. Turn on the power to the furnace and jumper the R and W terminals at the control board and see if you get the furnace to light.

If the furnace runs, you may have a bad wire between the thermostat and the furnace. Check the R and W wires within a few feet of the furnace feeling for a possible break in the copper wire that's hidden by the insulation. Do the same at the thermostat.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

Postby sgtguppie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:21 pm

Found the issue. Did as you said and jumped the R W at the furnace. Started right up. Tightened the wire connectors. Went to the thermostat, jumped the R W, started right up. Tightened the wire connectors. Put the thermostat back on, started right up. Loose wiring. Thanks!
sgtguppie
Minimal

Postby rubeshares » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:07 am

I have experienced this too.
Thanks for the information.
rubeshares
New Contributor

Return to HVAC General Forum