I NEED HELP!!!!!

Problems related to residential installations.

I NEED HELP!!!!!

Postby BrianAPikelny » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:08 am

I own a condo in Rolling Meadows, Illinois. It has a Triad Model TFS300 ductless combo heating/ac unit. The unit was installed in the 1970s. The blower motor bearings are starting to wear out and the motor is making noise. I have had three hvac contractors out to remove the blower motor and find a replacement. All three contractors don't want to work on it. They also don't want to quote me a replacement unit. The last contractor said, "I don't want to touch that unit with a 10 foot pole" Is there anyone out there who can work on this unit, replace the blower motor and/or quote me on a replacement unit.? Or recommend anyone who can?

Thank You,

Brian Pikelny
BrianAPikelny
Minimal

- I NEED HELP!!!!!

Postby Freon » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:50 pm

The unit is so old I'm almost certain you won't find an original motor or a replacement that will fit. That's why the HVAC guys don't want to deal with it.Get all the data off the motor and see if you can find a exact replacement. Your best path is to remove the motor yourself and take it to an electric motor shop where they can replace the bearings.

Given the age of the unit and the time, cost and effort to replace/fix the motor, you may find a new unit is a more cost-effective way to go.
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

- I NEED HELP!!!!!

Postby BrianAPikelny » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:28 pm

I would like to replace the unit. I can't find anyone who wants to sell me a replacement. I need referrals for HVAC guys who can install a replacement. I can't find anyone who wants to take my money. Any help would be appreciated.
BrianAPikelny
Minimal

Return to Residential