Furnace bleeding

Problems related to residential installations.

Furnace bleeding

Postby Bleedingback1 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:28 pm

I have a miller trailer style furnace in my home and i recently moved my fuel tank into the basement so i can run fuel instead of kerosene to save money. After i installed everything i tried it a couple of times and it worked fine this past summer. Over the past couple of weeks we had some cold mornings and it wouldn't start and i had to bleed it. My question is with the furnace being above the fuel tank now is this going to be a constant problem? I was told it shouldn't be. I also tried tightening the fittings in case i had a tiny leak that was letting air in the line but there was no obvious fuel leaking. Is there a check valve in the pump that may have gone bad? Thanks for any help!
Bleedingback1
Minimal

- Furnace bleeding

Postby Freon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:22 am

Get the make and model of the pump on the oil burner and check with them. Some pumps have a height limit of around 8 feet but check your specific make and model. When you bled the line did you notice any water in the mix?
Freon
Most Valued Contributor

- Furnace bleeding

Postby Bleedingback1 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:07 am

Ok i did a little more research and i think i have to switch it to a 2 line system, currently it's a one line system. It's a suntec pump. I measured it and the bottom of the pickup line is roughly 8 feet below the fitting on the pump, give or take a couple of inches.
Bleedingback1
Minimal

Return to Residential